Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

I was just going to skip on the Thankful Thursday today and say I did not have time or make some excuse. But within one hour I received an encouraging phone call, and two encouraging e-mails focused on being thankful no matter what!

Whether your feelings are mean or kind Your attitude to life is the key. Don't wait to be happy until things are just right. Don't let life's little annoyances get in the way...You can be as happy as you decide to be. - unknown

I had something amazing happen a few days ago. #3 read to ME for the first time! Having my kids read for the first time has been the most exciting milestone for me. I was able to teach #1 and #2 but was challenged by #3. He learns in a unique way that I was needing some one more experienced to teach me how to teach him. His teacher is amazing and had him reading in the second month of school! I am so thankful!

I am so thankful for my husband, he is so loving and kind.

I am so thankful for my sister who is going to watch our kids for us while we are gone. #1 told me she can not sleep because she is so excited to go stay with her cousins. I know they will have a great time and make special memories. There are not a lot of people I would even start to think to ask to take 4 kids but her house is always full and she loves it. Thank you Jenay! Thank you! My kids may not want to come home after all your homemade cookies. :)

OK I could go on and on but dinner is already late....................

What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

  1. I am thankful for skype and long distance friendships!

    You do have a great husband, don't you?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he dosen't leave post its but.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't make fun of the post-its, they are quiet effective! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never would I ...... haha! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you saw my post...I wrote about lips this week, however, I loved your post and I know how thankful you must feel to have someone you can trust watch your children...what a blessing in deed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!