Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday and lots of news!

I am Thankful for a court date!!!! We have our hearing "fixed" for the 23rd. Please pray for favor and that God be glorified in all that we do and say!



I am thankful for my sis and her family for loving on my babies while we are gone. It is funny because when God was stirring our hearts toward Uganda and adoption, I had read that it could take 3-5 weeks to go through the process. I remember standing up and telling God "well that is that - no way would I be willing to leave for that long" - and now here we are just a few days away and I keep marveling at how God has worked out all the details. I have so much peace and the kids are bubbling over with excitement - I am wondering now why J and I haven't ditched the kids more often -hehe - I am joking. I know that it is the Lord and when we give our life to Him, He in return, gives us the things of Him!



I am thankful for my kids. I had to talk to each of their teachers about their upcoming absence and each teacher went on and on about what good kids they are. I would like to take credit but honestly I feel like it is a privilege to be their parent. They are not perfect but they sure are great kids!



I am thankful for our Canadian friends. We have become very close with them and are thankful for their friendship! Praying for them to bring their little Ugandan babies home soon - VERY soon, like with US soon - praying, praying!


I am thankful for all my friends and family who have rallied around - I don't think a day has gone by when someone has not called to encourage or ask what they can do to help. Isaiah has a lot of people who are cheering him home! I am so thankful for each and everyone of them!



I am thankful that I can go to Africa knowing that no matter what, God will never leave me nor forsake me - it is a promise!



What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

  1. Great news! Still praying for you guys. Thankful for your friendship too and hope/pray to finally meet SOON half way across the world (and see my brother again too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for kids who want to follow God obediently, no matter what that means, and because of this, sweet, adorable, funny, amazing Isaiah will be part of our family. I am thankful for each of my wonderful grandkids, and for the great job my kids are doing as parents, raising them to love the Lord. I'm thankful for adoption - for God's adoption of me as His child, and for the model He gives for us. I'm thankful that God loves me just as I am - wow! How incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there, can't wait to here from you in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, look forward to hearing from you in Uganda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am so rejoicing with ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!