Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Holocaust

I often think of the Jewish-Holocaust and how millions of people were innocently starving, being killed and dying from the conditions that they were forced to live in.



I ask myself what would I have done in that time? Would I have known and still turned away? Would I have said, well it is their problem? Would I have just ignored it and thought of my comforts and focused on my self-centered life?



Corrie Ten Boom - I love that woman. I hope I would have been like Corrie Ten Boom. I hope I would have been a woman who's heart was broken for the things that break God's. I hope I would have seen the situation like she did. She did what she could. She used what God had given her and she fought - she fought for justice - after all justice is the foundation of the throne of her God - how could she not? Psalm 89:14Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you.



She took them INTO her home. She risked her family and their comfort. Why would she do that? Did she save all of the Jew's? Did she make a huge difference in that moment of hiding those Jews? In the grand number no, no she didn't. In fact if you have read The Hiding Place you know that her life did not get easier once she obeyed what God had her to do. In fact it got horrible, heart breaking. But if you know Corrie Ten Boom, you know the rest of the story..........this woman went on to have a major impact for the Lord. She went on to leave a legacy of faithfulness and beauty. That kind of faithfulness and beauty came from hardship - getting messy, watching the hand of God and keeping the eternal perspective through out. SHE left a legacy. She now has impacted generations!

That holocaust is no different in my eyes to the pain and suffering happening in Africa. The pain and suffering happening to innocent children. The color of their skin makes them no different. Did Corrie Ten Boom say "Oh no they do not believe Jesus is the Son of God so they do not deserve my service"? No, she SHOWED them the love of Jesus Christ, she was the hands and feet of Jesus.

Was she special? No - she was OBEDIENT - she was obedient and crazy about her Savior.

Will Hubby and I save Africa by adopting Isaiah? Will we even make a dent in the many that suffer? No, probably not, but we will be obedient. It is not our job to be God and know how this all turns out. It is our job to be obedient, to seek His face daily and allow Him to lead the way. We are not doing this as a "good deed," we are doing this to be obedient to the call of adopting a little boy. Isaiah, we are coming soon and I can't wait! :)


James 4:17 (New International Version)17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, so true...be obedient and it isn't always comfortable, but we aren't called to comfort...just
    joy,
    peace,
    victory,
    adventure,
    to be poured out because He is overflowing in us...
    I can't wait to hear the rest of your story soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a figure in the distance. As he got closer, he realized the figure was that of a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean. Approaching the boy he asked "What are you doing?"

    The youth replied, "Throwing the starfish back into the ocean. The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them back, they'll die."

    "Son," the man said, "don'y you realize that there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't possibly make a difference."

    After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it into the surf. Then smiling at the man, he said, "I made a difference for that one."

    -Adapted from "The Star Thrower" by Loren Eiseley

    Isaiah is your starfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written!

    I love Corrie Ten Boom... such a loving, courageous and obedient woman. A true example of what loving Jesus looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful post auntie sha!
    You put it into words that are easy to understand and flat out make sense. keep doin what you are called to do! you may not change the world but you will change isaiahs world and that is GREAT! he deserves it! I love you!! you and your whole family has been a HUGE encouragement! thank yoU! and praise the lord!
    Love
    Lolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, go get that starfish now. This auntie is having a hard time with patients for I have NONE! good work sha.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the picture you painted. Thanks. We have heard it all....but we will continue to be crazy for our LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we're fresh home from uganda with our 3 children. life is hard. and i've been grieving/angry at how hard this is and 'can't i get a break around here?' yes. i've thought that. numerous times. thank you for reminding me that this life is not NOT about my comfort. it is about the Lord's will working through me... and i've done a realy lousy job as of late.

    thanks for the encouragement.

    praise GOd for forgiveness and new starts.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!