Thursday, February 19, 2009

TRUTH!

I hunger for TRUTH! I can not get enough truth lately! The more I get the more I want. This world is wicked and evil and distorts the truth every way it can. I hunger for truth.

I have had a huge revelation in my life lately. A verse I have read and memorized has taken on a whole new meaning.

Matthew 6:33 (New International Version)
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


I use to focus on the second half and be excited by that. But now I see the words seek first his kingdom and his righteousness. Seeking is an active thing we do - not something that just hits us on the head. It amazes me how this has become alive and active in me. Every time I am struggling with something and I SEEK God - I look to him through his word - I find him. Then I read all these verses that talk about seeking him and I am feel like I am getting it! How cool that it has been there all along.

I want to encourage anyone that may be struggling with something - Seek God in His Word. Seek Him - it is an active thing - it is something you do and you will find Him. I think about how if I wanted a new pair of jeans I would seek to find them - I would not just expect them to show up on my door or Justin to pick some up for me. I would have to seek to find them. So I encourage you to seek Him - find Him and be renewed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great perspective on this verse. You are so right - God is not trying to hide Himself or His will from us. It's there for the finding, if we just seek. Your analogy is great! The jeans hanging on the rack are meant to be found (look at all the advertising $ spent to help us find them!) but we still have to go seek them out. I love seeing you seeking and finding. Have I told you lately what a blessing you are to me?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!