Monday, August 30, 2010

Family

This summer has been crazy fast!  Can it just last for a few more months pllllllleeeeaaaassse? 

I love summer!  I am a happier mama - period.  Sunshine, playing outside, playing with the animals, less laundry, what's not to love [ok maybe the flies - I am kinda done with them]. 

We were blessed this weekend to make some more memories. 

We were privileged to be asked to come share our adoption journey at the church my husband grew up in, got married in and dedicated our first born in.  What an honor.

We got there and we had no idea it was "Family Sunday" - how perfect!  I loved the whole thing - it was a true blessing to me! [esspecially since our family filled the back two pews - 20 family members :) ]

We crashed my sis with one days notice, nice hu?  Didn't seem to phase them!  My sis has an awesome hubby and 5 beautiful treasures that are making a difference in this world.  I am so stinkin' proud of them I can not even tell you!  Justin and I stayed up late talking to the 2 older ones, Sat. night and went to bed saying that we hope our kids turn out like them.  Whatever you are doing C and J - keep.it.up!!!

My sis has been my greatest source of encouragement [aside from hubby - but girls just need girlfriends - amen?] through this whole adoption journey.  God really used her to speak into my life when I needed it most.  God used her in a big way.  She also took care of all 4 of my kiddos for 2 weeks while J and I were both in Africa.  My kids are still talking about it and I believe it gave them an extra bond - love that!

She wrote the sweetest blog post today about how she feels about Isaiah.  Blessed me so very much, I have read it many times and thought I would share it here. [and you can gawk at how beautiful they all are]

Her love for Isaiah (and that of her hubbies and children) has meant more to me than I could ever write.  See, it is very different when you adopt.  There was no baby shower, there was no excited phone calls to see when he would be here, there were no gifts........but hers.     

{there were a couple more that came later...in the weeks to follow but nothing like my bio kids}

It was a blankie and he is sleeping with it as I type!  It is very special indeed.

Thanks Brewer Bunch for blessing us this weekend and for all of your love!  Your Family Rocks! 

[I would post pics but when the kids are together they disappear until it is time to go.]

1 comment:

  1. amen to all of it! I am glad you had a great weekend and yes, Jenay is a great encourager and she does have amazing kids...and all the rest Amen, and amen to too!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!