Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

Good Morning! What a beautiful Thankful Thursday it is! I can not seem to keep a fluid thought today so I am randomly going to type what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my mom and the nice e-mail she wrote to me this week.

I am thankful for my daughter going to camp and those that are with her, loving her, teaching her and taking care of her this week.

I am thankful for my daughter and all that she contributes to this family. With her being gone, I feel it so much - thank you Jesus for #1 and the beautiful women she is becoming. I pray this week she draws close to you and learns more about You.

I am thankful for answered prayer!

I am thankful for James MacDonald's messages lately - wow - what a call to step it up.

I am thankful that my dishwasher broke, yes, you read right. Though it may not appear that I am thankful because of all my whining about it, I am. It has made me evaluate our commitment to not go into debt anymore. Hubby and I have been trying to climb out of debt and have not charged a thing since October (sad to say that is a record for us). God has blessed that and has cut our debt it half in that time. Back to the broken dishwasher........Were we going to go into debt and run down to the local Sears? Or could I stand at the sink and wash my dishes and trust that if God wants me to have a dishwasher he will provide? It has also put me in my place thinking about those in third world countries.......ya, not so bad to have a broken dish washer, hu? Hubby and I have laughed because we have been having some great conversations at night while I wash and he drys - I am thankful.

I am thankful for much more but now I must go wash dishes - haha! :)

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. So cute Shauna!! Tell you hubby that I am missing my little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I am thankful for a granddaughter who is growing up to have a heart for God! And I'm thankful for kids who are making the commitment to get out of debt so that they can be ready to do what God asks them. And I am thankful that you can be thankful for a brokend dishwasher and are spending special time together because of it!

    Beyond that, I am thankful for all the family God has given me, and special times together with each of them.

    I am thankful I got to take Conner to Family Camp this weekend, and make special memories with him.

    I am thankful that I live in beautiful Central Oregon, where I can see deer and antelope with my grandkids, and sleep under starry skies beneath towering pine trees, and watch beautiful sunsets.

    I am thankful for pastors who preach hard truths so honestly and passionately.

    I am thanful that God chooses to use us when He wants to so something in His world, even if we are cracked or broken vessels.

    I am thankful that God has opened my eyes to the suffering of Africa, so that I can begin to have His heart for His children there.

    I'm thankful for you, dear Shauna! Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!