Monday, February 13, 2012

I want a tattoo.

Actually I want 3:

ὑπομένω

This is greek for Hupomeno.

Definition:

  1. to remain
    1. to tarry behind
  2. to remain i.e. abide, not recede or flee
    1. to preserve: under misfortunes and trials to hold fast to one's faith in Christ
    2. to endure, bear bravely and calmly: ill treatments


There are so many times I want out of a situation.

But God clearly calls us to endure to.the.end and through the through He refines us making us more like His son.  Life may, no, it will get HOT, uncomfortable, confusing, painful but God calls us to stay put.  Bear up under.  I need this reminder daily. 

#2:

Abide

Jesus said:

John 15:5

English Standard Version (ESV)
5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Yes and Amen.  I must abide in Him.

#3:

δοῦλος

doúlos (a masculine noun of uncertain derivation) – properly, someone who belongs to another; a bond-slave, without any ownership rights of their own. Ironically, 1401 /doúlos ("bond-slave") is used with the highest dignity in the NT – namely, of believers who willingly live under Christ's authority as His devoted followers.

Our friend, who #5 is named after, talked about getting this one.  He never did, but he made me think a lot about this.

I am not a male but I am a slave to Christ, yet I am very free.  Doulos.





2 comments:

  1. Are you really gonna get these?? Awesome reminders! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, where are you going to put them. You find four of them and all of us sisters will get them together. Hee hee! Great, words

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!