Monday, February 14, 2011

Processing.

My Dad sent me new jammies for Valentines Day [thanks Dad!].  And it is a good thing he did because I have worn them the last two days all.day.

Trying to process all that happened.

The beauty, the pain, the injustice, the joy......the whole journey.

A friend posted a pic on her blog of spilled marbles a few weeks ago and I think that best explains me right now.

I can not wait to share [I think].  Where to start?

I think I will share a few fun facts since stories are not coming to me right now.

*I got to worship in a mud hut with my Sister!
*I got to spend my second trip with a Sweet Friend that I met on my first.
*A lady that looks JUST like my Grandma was working at S@nyu, AGAIN.  As my friend and I walked up the steps, up walks Anna (aka Grandma's twin).  Last time I could not stay in the same room as her because I would start crying - she looked so much like her!  She had arrived at S@nyu THAT DAY!  Whoa whoa - I nearly flipped!  God gave me my G-ma look alike again - I think God just likes to thrill me sometimes.
*I got to hug the neck of the team leader of the Watoto Choir that was here (in our home) 2 years ago.  He and I worked closely 2 years ago and when the team went to a Wed. night service at Watoto Church guess who was visiting?  Cool hu?
*Road in boat on Lake Victoria.
*Hugged hundreds of children.
*Ate Rolexes until I wanted to throw up.
*Realized all over again that my husband is my best friend and I missed our late night talks, desperately.
*Ate chocolate at 2 am by candle light with a couple of friends that could not sleep either.

OK - I must get to the bills - seems so ..... strange but needs done [I guess ;)].

4 comments:

  1. Sha, I love that you (we) have a g-ma look alike. I love that as you said, "God just wants to give you a thrill once in a while." You are making some serious relationships there and it seems more like apart of your 'home' more and more. I also think it's cool you ate chocolate with girls in the night...only girls do that don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! So glad you're back and can't wait to hear all that you're ready to tell. You, your team, and your family have been in my prayers much these past weeks.

    BTW, I hope you meant you ate Rolaids until you wanted to throw up, not Rolexes, or I guess I should have been praying for you harder LOL!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will always, always, always eat chocolate by candlelight with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok I dont know why but this simple post made me cry. I love you so much. So glad you got to go be a part of the awesome things God is doing. You are such an inspiration to this little niece. Thanks for being such an example of Love. Truth. Honesty. and Joy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!