Friday, March 5, 2010

Letter to her children

A friend actually told me about this post this week - and I stumbled upon it today - thought I would share.

http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-dont-want-my-children-to-be-happy.html

I was thinking about how some may read this as foolishness and this verse popped in my head (love it when that happens - a true sword to cut to truth):


1Corinthians 2:13-14
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I think this letter is so beautiful and could be written with a whole host of topics - just love it.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU FOR THE post...I loved the mom's letter....All my children are grown and live away from home, but I loved her statement about COLLEGE...WHAT A HOOT!!!!! We used to tell that to ours way back when...Told them that the Bible doesn't say that we had to send them through college. go figure...everyone else thought we were nuts for not putting them through college....We homeschooled and struggled with finances...I didn't get a pay check or a raise and our school didn't have any guns, stabbings, or anything else...Just character building stuff...
    THANKS AGAIN for your blogging stuff.
    Lovingly,
    Sandy in NC

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!