Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Perseverance Then Endurance!

I am in awe of my heavenly father. I am in awe that he has something for me always and that if I truly seek him I will find Him and he will transform me from the inside out - something I need so desperately. I am so in awe!

In my time with Gods awesome word it seemed like everything I read lately either said to persevere or talked about persevering. I was/am really trying to take hold of that and walk that everyday with the tools God is giving me.

Then my sister was given a passage Romans 15:5 "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,"

That was yesterday and then in my morning time this morning I was reading in Revelations and it was talking about "patient endurance"(Rev 13:10). I had been thinking about "patient endurance" and what that meant all day and then my sister pointed out that that was exactly what the Romans verse was talking about. I perked up and realized I better get into this, God is trying to teach me something here. I looked up the definition of endurance and in one of the definitions it said - The state or fact of persevering. I just about jumped out of my seat! That told me I am IN the race now is time to endure! Wow! Oh how I want to be in the race for Christ Jesus.

Thank you Jesus for choosing me to be in the race. I pray you lead me along this trail and help me to patiently endure. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!